Top Ten Excuses for Bush’s WMD Lies
by Robert Gaiek
July 22, 2003
10. Our lawyers say we can collect royalties from the new George W. Bush Credibility Twister game.
9. White House speechwriters and Condi get most of their information from Tony Bliar's (sic) private intelligence agency.
8.The road map to peace in the Middle East goes right through Baghdad, and Dick Cheney had the only map.
7. According to Anne Coulter, "intelligence is like reading Tarot cards, not reading Scripture." (Coulter, on Imus in the Morning, 7/18/03, while peddling her new book, Treason.)
6. We used the same information that Bill Clinton used in 1998 to bomb Iraq, and no one ever called him a liar.
5. In March of 2002, Bush bragged to Condi and three U.S. Senators: "F___ Saddam, we're going to take him out." We needed some creative, "darn good intelligence." (http://www.time.com/time/archive/preview/from_covers/0,10987,1101030331-435968,00.html)
4. Tony Bliar, in his great speech to the joint session of Congress, said he was convinced it was a "just war," and he has great credibility in the U.S.A.--so far.
(http://politics.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9115,1002352,00.html) 5th paragraph.
3. In a meeting with Mahmoud Abbas in Aqaba, Bush revealed: "'God told me to strike at al Qaeda, and I struck them, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East.'" Who can argue with God?
2. According to John Podhoretz, "Maybe his conviction led him to believe things that were fraudulent, but that would mean he misled himself. And if he misled himself, then by definition he wasn't lying."
(http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/577.htm) 5th paragraph.
The top excuse for Bush's WMD lies:
1. From the Revisionist Historian-in-Chief himself, on the matter of Saddam Hussein's weapons: "And we gave him a chance to allow the weapons inspectors in, and he wouldn't let them in."
Robert Gaiek is a former Army Infantry Captain, earning a Purple Heart, Bronze Star with Oak Leaf, and two Air Medals in Vietnam. He owns his own video production business and is suffering from low morale. He can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org