Pathetic heartbreaking photos of tiny Afghani children in rags freezing without enough food to survive, every winter of US occupation. Sports distracted Americans pay no mind, as they didn’t to photos of dead Korean babies or Vietnamese napalmed children running naked down burning village streets, or piles of Iraqi dead — children’s cadavers without heads arms.
Ignorant criminal patriotism is displayed at these sporting events.
Over the last thirteen years, the New York Times, though supporting the US occupation of Afghanistan, has headlined, nearly every year, usually with pathetic heartbreaking photos of tiny children in rags freezing without enough food to survive, reporting that hundreds have been dying every winter.1 Every year, other publications report that children have been freezing and starving to death in the camps just outside Kabul, ever since the American invasion and overthrow of the Afghan government by US Army and Air Force in 2001.2
Inside Kabul, and elsewhere, American and allied troops from forty nations of majority Caucasian populations have lived well fed in comfortable quarters. Within occupied Kabul there are the extremely opulent homes of the officials and friends of the corrupt government that includes infamous drug lords3 who are protected by these well fed foreign armed forces.
For thirteen years these invading Americans have protected an openly admitted corrupt Quisling government imposed with phony elections under US led military occupation, and have protected as well, traitorous war lords from the fighters of the previous US overthrown Taliban government (which is actually still governing in at least half the territory of Afghanistan.)3 Americans have killed uncounted tens of thousands of Afghanis who fight against their nation’s occupiers as Afghanis always have done. (Afghanis fought the British Empire for a century.) In the process, America has also brought death to 20,000 unarmed Afghani civilians, mostly women and children, in the five years the UN reported between 2007-2011. As a side show, we Americans have let these thousand, or thousands, of children starve and freeze to death (while dispatching not a few others with drone missile strikes).
F**k our Super Bowls!
The sports entertained American public has paid no mind to the year-in year-out suffering of these Afghani children, just as it paid no mind to uncomfortable photos and news reels of dead Korean babies or Vietnamese napalmed children running naked down burning village streets, or piles of dead — children’s cadavers without heads arms — printed in foreign publications after the American Blitzkrieg of Iraq.
So f**k Super Bowls, World Series, NBA Championships, and university league games as well!
I mean, if it they distract us from being human, lets put sports on hold, the way the Mexican students tried to put the 1968 Olympics in Mexico on hold, since it took attention away from the suffering of the poor in Mexico. (A whole lot of students were slaughtered, unreported, and it is only recently being discussed and some officials prosecuted a bit.4 )
US peacenik and anti-warnik journalists and organizations have never made much trouble for media’s promotion of false, ignorant, and criminal patriotism at these sporting events, hailed and ballyhooed as an honorable and loyal show of patriotism.
One can expect the football field will be covered by a super gigantic American flag, a symbol of horrible death, maiming, and destruction to the millions of Asians, who have survived high altitude patterned carpet bombing — senseless deafening explosions of flying metal in every direction.
There will be jet war planes roaring and streaking over the stadium, also reminding of the US planes that bombed and strafed innocent populations and flew in the skies above Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Libya and tiny Grenada. F**k the Super Bowl.
Just before kickoff, we’ll hear a stirringly song, perhaps a strident rendition of the “Star Spangled Banner” crescendoing in intensity through “the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, that our flag yet waves o’er the land of the free and the home of the brave,” ending as if with a huge exclamation mark. Actually, this last line of the official lyrics ends with a question mark, and well it should. What bravery is it to participate in ‘turkey shoots,’ wipe out whole populations in poor, formerly colonized nations that fight high tech armed Americans who call in air support whenever. Where is the bravery in destroying a hundred thousand retreating Iraqi soldiers from the air with Gen. Colin Powell watching.
F**k this official war song. Play a recording of Ray Charles’ really gloriously sung “America the Beautiful” instead. And f**k this geeky hooray for the cowardly and unmanly bomb, bomb, bombing of the non-Caucasian poor wherever and whenever we want to.
All the handsomely and colorfully outfitted players will be macho and fit, inspiring role models of fitness for US Armed Forces personnel stationed in one hundred and seventy-five nations all around the world. All out there to protect America’s war promoting speculative investment banking industry’s “atrocity wars meant to maintain unjust and unwanted predatory investments.” — quoting Martin Luther King Jr. in his sermon “Beyond Vietnam,” not what we will hear over the stadium loudspeaker profusely thanking them for protecting America.’
Me? I am just as cruel as any other American. Even though I never completely stop hearing the screams over children’s bodies (or their child’s ‘bug splats’) and cries of children over their dead mommy or daddy (cries that your author even can imagine as heard in various languages, for music performing has placed him among the people of some sixty-seven nations, a good thirty percent bombed by Americans at one time or another.
Successful ‘kills’ by American fired bullets, shells, bombs or drone missiles of ‘suspected insurgents’ that happen during the game will not be announced (perhaps during some future Super Bowl); there is no way of knowing how many men, women, and children we nail while we watch the plays.
No, just like everyone else, I’ll enjoy the exiting and tricky skirmishing to move the football across the goal line. Great athletes! Terrific passing, running, blocking and tackling skills. Wow! F**k those dying foreign kids quietly starving, freezing to death. I am fascinated in wondering which team will win.
The President, in his State of the Union address mentioned the Super Bowl and ‘lying like a rug,’ spoke villainous nonsense of wonderful Americans are doing a good job of (still after thirteen years?) “chasing down remnants of al Qaeda in Afghanistan.” Since Obama didn’t mention the starving and freezing kids, let your author take a break from his profanity and run down just why these thousands of kids have come to die for the whoppers of falsehoods about a US Real politik, which former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark, co-author of both major civil rights acts, calls a “U.S. foreign policy that has been the greatest crime since World War II!”
- In 1979, the corrupt and oppressive King of Afghanistan was overthrown, and a overwhelmingly popular new socialist government threw open the prison doors and began a program of women’s liberation, sending teachers out to provide education for girls who traditionally were without class schooling.5
- Fundamentalist hill tribesmen were furious and against having their daughters in school and began to execute teachers intending to teach women and girls. Master war-arranger David Rockefeller’s picked appointee, Zbigniew Brzezinski, seeing a grand opportunity, convinced President Carter to order the CIA to arm, fund, and train the fighters of some of the most brutal warlords, especially non-Pushtun warlords, for a terrorist civil war against that Kabul women-liberating socialist government. (The most powerful and infamous war lord, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, had a reputation of throwing acid at those he deemed improperly dressed women students during his university years.) CIA got important allies in funding and funnelling supplies and weapons from the secret services of US allies Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
- Six bloody months later, a concerned Soviet Union decided to match the CIA and to come the aid of the beleaguered Kabul government, sending its armed forces into Afghanistan. (Brzezinski would brag and claim later in 1998, in an interview for a French magazine, that it was his plan from the beginning to draw the USSR into a Vietnam like trap. Brzezinski takes credit for causing the subsequent dissolution of the USSR for its failure in Afghanistan.)6
- French magazine Le Nouvel Observateur interviewed Brzezinski in 1998: “Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.”
- Jimmy Carter, who had had a friendly country secretly attacked and condemned to already thirty-five years of death and destruction, and who also gave General and dictator Chun Doo-hwan of South Korea permission to use the Korean army for the massacre of the student Democratization Movement uprising in Gwangju,7 would receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Chun Doo-hwan eventually was tried and sentenced to be hanged. Carter told the New York Times that “the Koreans are not ready for democracy.”8
- The CIA funded the entry of Arabs in to Persian speaking Afghanistan. Brzezinki called for jihad in a welcoming speech to fundamentalist Wahhabist Arabs to fight the against the Russians and the Kabul government,
eventually setting up thousands of extreme Saudi Arabian Wahhabist sect madressas throughout the country. Which would teach about Western anti-human imperialism preparing many for jihad against America well before 9/11.
This funding included funding for Osama bin Laden’s group that would become al Qaeda.
- CIA introduced deadly accurate hand held Stinger anti-aircraft missiles that eventually brought about the withdrawal of the Soviet Armed forces, but it still took the US backed war lords almost another two years after the Soviets left before defeating the Kabul government forces.
- The two most powerful US backed warlords rocketed the hell out of Kabul causing an absolute chaos of rape and raiding, and much more devastating destruction that occurred during the US inspired and CIA run civil war. Spontaneously the Taliban ‘Students of Islam’ formed to protect women and children from the prevalence of rape and violent theft, and eventually defeat the US backed war lords and restored safety in society.9
In 1996, Taliban created the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan government, which was recognized by a number of countries and welcomed by President Reagan.
- After Saudi Arabians suicided themselves flying US airliners into the World Trade Towers, as per the “official” 9/11 version, the Bush administration accused Osama bin Laden, and when Afghanistan government would only agree to turning turning him over to a neutral country for trial, the US invaded Afghanistan in full force and used the Northern Alliance of those savage war lords defeated by the Taliban to overthrow the Taliban Afghan government. They butchered hundreds of captured Taliban.
- In spite of having constructed 740 bases with a peek number of 101,000 US soldiers, America has been unable to take the countryside away from Taliban control,3 even with huge amount of armed forces from Great Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine, Canada, Australia and New Zealand (Quite a show of imperialist Anglo-saxon led white folks unity).
- Now in 2014, after the taking the lives of so many Afghani, all completely innocent of the 9/11 attack and any other attack on anyone anywhere, Americans with their so called (basically white) International Security Assistance Force, which includes small contingents from obedient United Arab Emirates, Jordan, South Korea, Malaysia, and Mongolia, and help make a total of some 97,920 troops as of 24 June 2013, is about to give up and stop killing Afghanis in their own country, as often as not in their very own homes for a fairy tale preposterous US lie of chasing the remnants of an al Qaeda brought in initially by the US itself. (Seems Wall Street and friends want to hold on to Afghanistan for and eventual oil pipe line transit, but wait a lot of rich minerals have also been discovered of late as well.)
Americans in general watching the Super Bowl, will not be interested to know that America is now using al Qaeda linked terrorist to destroy Syria as it used real al Qaeda gangs to destroy Libya two year ago, and yet bombing al Qaida in Yemen and North Africa. (What the CIA is doing with al Qaeda linked groups in Iraq, heaven only knows.) A mind boggling majority of Americans on the playing field and in the stadium seats believe what the media cartel programs on TV and in sex and sports tabloids for their mis-and-dis-education
An American sports-occupied public is easily disinformed, fooled and duped into enthusiastic complicity by US corporate conglomerate owned and controlled media that turns the truth upside down on every issue to excuse and justify US military atrocities in multiple countries at the same time.
Even President Karzai, characterized in US media, as dishonest, but a necessary evil, and kept in office by US Armed Forces and troops from every single obliging nation of Caucasian population on Earth, feels obligated to call, beg and feign demand periodically that the US stop bombing his citizens to death. The Afghan legislature or Jirga, has passed resolutions calling for the cessation of hostilities, negotiations and the withdrawal of all foreign military. This is of course ignored. After all, who are these f**king people to tell Americans what to do.
As in the case of other US crimes against humanity, or what Ron Paul calls, illegal and unconstitutional lethal use of US armed forces in invading, bombing and occupying small nations, US media has raised the thirteen year long police action of chasing al Qaeda in Afghanistan to the level of a ‘War,’ a heroic and just war like that of eight plus fifteen year American ‘anti-communist’ police action in the French colony of agrarian Vietnam. In reality, no war has ever been declared since World War Two. Colonial or Neo-colonial powers only declare formal and Geneva Conventions regulated wars on each other, not on their colonies or former colonies.
How many would prefer watching the top team sport events of a nation that wasn’t mass-murdering the poor overseas?
Here below are a few quotes of America’s top intellectuals for pre-game reading during the war plane fly over and the praise of Americans in uniform watching from overseas:
- MIT Prof. Noam Chomsky: “If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged.”
- Union Theological Seminary Prof. Cornel West: “Nixon, Bush, Obama — they’re war criminals.”
- Barack Obama’s former family minister, Rev. Jeremiah Wright: “God Damn America … for killing innocent people.”
- Co-editor Kim Petersen, Dissident Voice: “Justice is required, otherwise what would serve as a brake on future war crimes?”
- Gold Star Mom Cindy Sheehan: “[T]hese war criminals… need to go to prison for what they’ve done in this world. We can’t have a pardon. They need to pay for what they’ve done.”
The genocide arranged by Western lawless speculative investment banking did not begin with the undeclared wars of the US from Korea onward, and we are now warned to expect permanent war beyond those ongoing in Libya, Afghanistan-Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Lebanon, Syria (while we threaten Iran, North Korea, Cuba and Venezuela.)
For the love of God, when will the five centuries of racist genocide for unholy predatory investments be prosecuted into ceasing. The Nuremberg Principles, a set of international laws on great crimes were written and employed against only a selection of Nazi and Japanese politicians, generals, and media personalities after the banker-created great world wars between the colonial powers that made US bankers leaders of a single imperialist superpower (quite calculatedly).
These laws of humanity lie in the hearts of men and women throughout the genocidally targeted six-seventh of (non-Caucasian) Mankind. When will these Nuremberg Principles of universal law come to be fully employed and make genocide an unprofitable investment, unprofitable for an excellent possibility of imprisonment and seizure of assets to pay out compensation for wrongful deaths and injuries, and reparations for massive destruction of property and theft of natural resources?
Super Bowls, and other exciting forms of planned distraction, protect that globalized racist (but eventually race indiscriminate) genocide orchestrated by an international community of speculative investment banking, which has christened itself the ‘International Community of Nations,’ a semanatically sanitized term that now substitutes for the former highfalutin and idealistic euphemism ‘The Free World,’ which had replaced the original proud, majestic and more realistic but no longer acceptable ‘Colonial Powers.’
Hey, enjoy the game! (Those who can and are not in a state of fright about drones spooking the sky above their satellite antennae.)
- 2002 Dec. 13, “Afghan Refugees Freeze to Death,” AP. 2005 Feb. 19, “Cold, Disease Kills 120 Children; Opium Given In Lieu Of Health Care,” CBS News. 2008 Jan. 02, “Afghanistan: Freezing to death in Kabul,” Astrid Sehl, Norwegian Refugee Council. 2009 Nov., IRIN Asia KABUL, – “The onset of winter means freezing nights, cold-related diseases and more problems for the children.” 2009 Dec., “Kids Freezing To Death In Kabul. A U.S. Christian President Ignores Them.” 2012 Feb., “Cold Weather Kills Children in Afghan Refugee Camps,” NY Times. [↩]
- 2012 Nov. 2, “Afghani Kids Still Freeze to Death Die in Air Strikes! Retribution?” OpEd News. Kids Freezing To Death In Kabul. A U.S. Christian President Ignores Them? Eight years of children starving and freezing to death in that area of Afghanistan occupied and controlled by U.S. troops. Jesus said for us to feed the hungry and clothed the naked. So why don’t the American’s do so in Afghanistan? Is a superpower unable to do so? President Bush was a Christian, President Obama is a Christian. Why does the U.S. ask someone else, the UN to do it as charity? Americans caused them to freeze. [↩]
- 2009 Feb. 12, Taliban contest or control large areas of Afghanistan,” NY Times, 12/2/2009. See map. [↩] [↩] [↩]
- 2008 Dec. 01, “Mexico’s 1968 Massacre,” NPR. [↩]
- The Great War for Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East, Robert Fisk. [↩]
- See “Zbigniew Brzezinski: The Man Who Covertly Created Al-Qaeda,: Santos Republic.com. [↩]
- Gwangju massacre, Wikipedia. “Casualties: Based on reports by foreign press sources and critics of the Chun Doo-hwan administration, it has been argued that the actual death toll was in the 1,000 to 2,000 range.” [↩]
- Korean Society: Civil Society, Democracy and the State, C. K. Armstrong, 2006. “Kwangju occurred on President Jimmy Carter’s watch, who prided himself on his “human rights” … Carter told the New York Times that “the Koreans are not ready for democracy ….” [↩]
- The Taliban initially enjoyed goodwill from Afghans weary of the warlords’ corruption, brutality, and incessant fighting – Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim world, editor Richard C. Martin, Macmillan, 2004. [↩]